Municipal Court

Know Your Rights

Missouri Division of Courts:

  • Right to trial
  • Right to an attorney
  • Right to attend court
  • Right to access court records
  • Right to release pending hearing
  • Right to request a different judge
  • Right to a court appointed attorney
  • Right to know when the court is open
  • Right to have a judge decide if you can afford a lawyer or afford to pay fines

For more information, see court personnel or call 660-259-4633.

Instructions for a plea of "Guilty" to your traffic violation

The following procedure has been established by the Municipal Judge for the convenience of those who prefer to plead guilty and dispose of their charges, thereby avoiding the inconvenience, delay, and expense incident to Court appearances, and related matters.

You have received a complaint for Ordinance Violation of the City of Lexington, Missouri. You may:

  1. Mail anytime five days from date ticket was issued until three days prior to designated court date by:

    • Sending in a money order or check made payable to MUNICIPAL COURT with the completed form on back and mail to, Municipal Court, 919 Franklin Avenue, Lexington, MO 64067.

    • Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope for return of driver’s license (if taken) and your receipt.

  2. Pay your fine in person at the Municipal Court Office, 919 Franklin Avenue, Lexington, MO 64067, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday up until 12:00 p.m. the day of court.

The above schedule does not apply to any case where personal injuries or damage to property occurred, where the Officer of Prosecutor alleges that to case involves aggravating circumstances, where the charge represents a third offense. In such cases, the person must appear personally and the penalty will be assessed at the Court’s discretion after consideration of the circumstances of the case. All cases are assessed additional court cost as provided by ordinance and Missouri Statues.

***No Food, drinks, cellular phones or hats are allowed. For questions on ticket issued contact City Hall, please have ticket information when calling.