Current job openings are listed below. To be notified of future employment opportunities, please subscribe to our email notifications
For the City of Lexington, Missouri
Job Status: Full-Time
Recruitment is Open Until Filled
Shift: 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m.
Days Worked: Monday through Friday
Salary: Based Negotiated Based on Qualifications
- Inspects and enforces adopted regulatory codes and ordinances pertaining to new and existing residential buildings and related improvements, including electrical, mechanical, and plumbing installations.
- Reviews, approves, and issues permits for new and existing buildings and related improvements.
- Performs inspections, prepares reports and issues written orders for corrective action as assigned.
- Provides technical assistance to developers, builders, contractors, and the public.
- Recommends prosecution of code violators and gives court testimony for the City pertaining to code issues.
- Investigates complaints relative to ordinance and code violations and pursues appropriate enforcement action.
- May be required to participate in emergency City operations as assigned.
- Reads and understands blueprints.
- Performs all work in compliance with established City safety standards.
- Provide reports to City Administrator and Mayor as requested.
- Provide written and/or verbal reports to City Council monthly or as requested.
- Assists with nuisance enforcement as requested.
- Works in a team environment that includes the animal control/nuisance officer, police officers, city administrator, and other staff as needed.
- Develop ways to improve permit and building inspection processes as requested.
- Performs other work as assigned.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or lawfully authorized permanent resident,
- High School graduate or GED and have four (4) years of construction inspection or building codes inspection experience, or
- Associate Degree and two (2) years of construction inspection or building codes inspection experience,
- Must have a valid motor vehicle operator’s license,
- ICC Commercial and Residential Inspection Certifications and must obtain within six (6) months of employment,
- Must pass background check and drug test.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Associate Degree in Construction Management or Technology, and
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience as an ICC certified inspector,
- Experience as a property nuisance codes inspector,
- ICC Commercial Building Official Certification
The City of Lexington is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume, cover letter, references, and salary expectations to the following:
Mark H. O’Dell
919 Franklin Avenue
Lexington, MO 64067
The City of Lexington is recruiting for a building official/building codes inspector. This recruitment will remain open until filled.
The City of Lexington is an Equal Opportunity Employer.