Building and Codes Enforcement
Lexington's building inspector is a certified ICC code inspector. The department's focus is to ensure that buildings and structures are constructed , utilized, and maintained in accordance with city codes, including property and historic preservation codes.
Office Hours and Procedures:
1. Building inspector maintains work hours from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during regular city hall hours. The building inspector conducts site visits and pre-arranged appointments between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
2. Walk-in customers can not generally meet with the building inspector during the 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon time period unless an appointment has been previously made.
3. Building permit forms are available at the front desk at city hall or via the city's website.
4. Payment is not accepted for the building permit until it has been reviewed and approved by the building inspector.
5. As a general rule, building/fence permits will not be issued same day.
6. Plan reviews may take up to five (5) days to complete. Applicants will be notified once the review is complete.
7. Approved permits are available from the front desk at City Hall during regular business hours.